Coffee is a controversial product. Scientists believe that coffee has many beneficial properties, but excessive consumption is harmful to health. Also, some diseases are a contraindication to coffee consumption. Therefore, coffee lovers are looking for various alternatives.
Chicory is the most popular coffee substitute. It resembles a natural drink in taste and smell but has completely different properties. Its most important difference is the absence of caffeine. Moreover, it contains many useful substances. You can find chicory on your store shelves in liquid, ground, or instant form.
As a rule, chicory producers do not use colorings and flavor enhancers to improve the taste of this drink. Chicory has a pleasant, pronounced aroma that closely resembles coffee. Therefore, many people use it as a healthy coffee substitute.
The benefits of chicory.
Chicory contains many unique trace elements and minerals that will bring health and beauty to your body:
- Lowers blood sugar levels, promotes the development of healthy intestinal microflora, activates the activity of the kidneys, liver, and biliary tract due to the high concentration of inulin.
- Improves heart function thanks to magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
- Contains iron.
- Prevents cell destruction, as it contains flavonoids.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Accelerates metabolic processes,
- Improves blood flow,
- Increases energy levels,
- Helps absorb lactose,
- Activates the production of collagen and so on.
If you want to see the benefits of chicory for your well-being, you need to drink it every day.
The harm of chicory.
Even though chicory is a natural product, some diseases can lead to the rejection of this drink. Chicory is not recommended for the following functional health problems:
- varicose veins,
- low blood pressure.
Although, doctors say that the negative effect of chicory has a low level. However, if you have an acute illness, you should stop consuming chicory.