Typically the hormone estrogen is called female hormone. Although scientists claim that it is present in men, but to a lesser extent. This hormone is essential for the functioning of both men and women. An imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone leads to impaired reproductive function, bone system, and immunity. Lack of the hormone estrogen in a woman’s body has negative consequences and affects a woman’s quality of life. Therefore, women should visit a gynecologist to monitor the level of this hormone in their bodies.
Estrogens are fundamental steroid hormones responsible for sexual development, reproductive function, skeletal system, resistance, and immunity in women.
This hormone is produced in the ovary and body fat. Therefore, women who are deficient in body fat have problems with women’s health and lack of menstruation. The amount of estrogen in a woman’s body changes by the phases of the menstrual cycle. The peak of hormone production is in the middle of the cycle. The smallest amount of estrogen is produced before menstruation, so women complain about poor health, anxiety, aggression, and so on.
The role of estrogen in the female body:
- ensure the functioning of the reproductive system,
- maintain the level of libido,
- provide the production of mucus in the vagina,
- keep blood vessels elastic and strong,
- maintain optimal cholesterol levels,
- prevents the development of inflammatory processes,
- prevents the development of atherosclerosis and hypertension,
- preserves the skeletal system,
- prevents the development of osteoporosis,
- stimulates the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid,
- helps to maintain the density and level of hydration of the skin,
- participates in the formation of new neural connections
- supports memory.
The consequence of a lack of hormones in a woman’s body.
A drop in estrogen levels in women leads to disruption of the work of many systems, so you need to monitor your health and consult a doctor at the first symptoms.
Symptoms of decreased estrogen levels:
- disruption of the menstrual cycle
- deterioration of the emotional state,
- vaginal dryness,
- increased sweating,
- deterioration in the quality of the skin and others.
The consequences of a lack of estrogen in the female body:
- increased susceptibility to pain,
- violation of thermoregulation,
- the risk of developing infectious diseases of the reproductive system,
- painful intercourse,
- decreased sex drive,
- memory impairment,
- formation of a figure according to the male type,
- inability to get pregnant,
- premature aging.